My name is Jacob Phillips, I started a videography business when I was 16 years old and have been running it for half a decade.
My journey started in September 2018 doing sports videography, doing videos for my High School's Football team for community service hours and I fell in LOVE with it.
One local family knew I did this and wanted me to film their wedding in 2019
They didn't want to spend much money on a legit wedding videographer
and decided to give me a chance and the rest is history!
Facts about me:
- I started JLP Films when I was 16 years old (start of my junior year of High School)
- I started doing wedding videography on accident.
- I've earned the Couples Choice Award and Best of Weddings Award for 2023 at 21 years old.
- I'm a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout majoring in Video Production and double minoring in Sales/Marketing & Business Administration.
- I've won 6 film festival awards for a sports documentary I made my sophomore year of college
- I was on ESPN SportsCenter Top 10 twice
- I prefer watching YouTube content over watching Movies/TV Shows
- I shoot with Canon (It's the BEST!)
- I shot my first wedding with an IPhone XR and edited it in IMovie (and it turned out pretty good!)
- My nickname that everyone calls me is JLP because of my company
- JLP is my initials (Jacob Louis Phillips)
- JLP also stands for Joy, Leadership and Perseverance... 3 words I live by everyday.